Brisbane Shell Club Inc.
The Brisbane Shell Club Inc. is a club for people who are interested in shells, shell collecting and all things molluscan.
- promotes interest in and appreciation of all aspects of molluscs, shells and their habitats;
- promotes responsible mollusc and shell collecting; and
- stimulates an exchange of knowledge, information and specimens.
The range of activities and interests of the club are wide and include:
- field trips;
- scientific and general interest;
- study of living and fossil molluscs and shells;
- shell art and craft; and
- shells on stamps, and the collection of shell buttons and badges.
The club's newsletter, The Radula, contains news and reports on club activities as well as shell related articles written by members.
The club’s meetings, field trips and other activities provide opportunities to discuss molluscs and shells, and to display specimens to members, visitors, guests and the general public.
Members of the club have knowledge on a broad range of mollusc and shell groups and topics, and can provide guidelines for naming, storing and displaying specimens.
The Brisbane Shell Club Inc. holds meetings on the last Tuesday of the month.
A full list of all meetings is on the meetings page.